As you know, Monday was the 105th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake – and we certainly got a reminder when we experienced a much more moderate 3.7 (or so) earthquake right here on the peninsula. And that should be a clear reminder to everyone that we need to prepare our homes and families for possible disaster.
I want to take this opportunity to invite you to a Disaster Preparation Open House at the Redwood Shores Library on Saturday, April 30 from 10 – 11:30 am. It’s a drop-in event with lots of materials and information to get you started – or upgraded – with your own disaster preparation plans. Please read the note below, and plan on dropping in any time between 10 and 11:30 am on April 30.
Saturday, April 30
Drop in anytime between 10 and 11:30 am
Redwood Shores Library, Marine and Bridge Parkway
Come and learn how to prepare for the “Big One!” Drop in anytime between 10 and 11:30 am.
• County Emergency Services will show videos and answer your questions
• First talk @ 10:15 am
• Second talk (repeat of first) @ 11 am
• CERT volunteers and neighborhood disaster teams will be available to help you organize your neighborhood
• Disaster kits will be available to purchase
• Free disaster preparation guides / check lists
Sponsored by Shores Residents, in cooperation with the City of Redwood City and San Mateo County.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org