Here’s a great event to put on your calendar for next week – it’s the 3rd Annual Redwood City/Target National Night Out event – America’s Night Out Against Crime. The entire community is invited to join family, friends, and neighbors at 4 pm on August 2nd at Courthouse Square in beautiful Downtown Redwood City for this fun, family event centered on bringing people together against crime.
National Night Out is a nationwide crime/drug prevention event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch (www.nationaltownwatch.org/nno). It’s designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness, generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime programs; strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships, and send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
Redwood City, its Police Department and Library, PAL, and Target offer these great events, combined with our regular Dancing on the Square:
• Music, Activities, Info and Giveaways from 4 – 6 pm
• Free Fingerprinting for Children
• Neighborhood Watch Materials
• Disaster Preparedness Info
• Redwood City PAL Info
• Drawings for Free Car Seats
• Photo Opportunities with Crime Fighting Dog McGruff (bring your camera)
• Fire Engine, Police SWAT, Command Vehicle, and Police Boat Display
• Hot dogs, snacks, beverages and more for sale
• Arts and crafts fun by Target
• Redwood City Project READ Literacy Program
• Other fun games and activities
• Live Music and Salsa Dancing Lessons from 6 – 8pm
More information on Redwood City’s National Night Out event is available by calling (650) 780-7305. Thanks to Redwood City and Mountain View Target Stores for their sponsorship of National Night Out in Downtown Redwood City.