Good morning – local nonprofit Rebuilding Together Peninsula provides free renovations to nonprofit centers and the homes of those in need – including seniors, people with disabilities, and families with children. The group is now accepting applications for projects – please read below, and note that applications are due October 15. And, please pass this along to anyone or any nonprofit you feel may be interested.
Rebuilding Together Peninsula – Free Repairs for Nonprofits and Homes; Applications due October 15th!
Rebuilding Together Peninsula provides free renovation work to nonprofit centers and the homes of those in need. Volunteers complete the majority of repair work on National Rebuilding Day in April. To request an application or find out more about our free repair programs, please call (650) 366-6597 or visit
Repairs may include: Debris Removal, Landscaping, Flooring Repair, Roof Repair, Plumbing, Electrical Work, Railing & Ramp Installation, Window Repair, Energy Efficiency Measures, Interior and Exterior Painting. Providing warmth, safety and independence is our priority.
Eligibility Requirements for Nonprofits:
- Facilities must be located in San Mateo County or northern Santa Clara County (including Palo Alto, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Los Altos)
- Organization must be a registered 501(c)(3), school, church, community center, childcare center, or home daycare
- Organization must serve at least 50% low-income clients (or 25% for childcare centers)
- Organization must own the property or have at least a two-year lease on the property
- Organization must show a demonstrated need for repair services
Eligibility Requirements for Homeowners:
- Applicants must own their own home in San Mateo County or northern Santa Clara County (including Palo Alto, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Los Altos)
- Applicants must live in their home and own no more than one home.
- Applicants must meet income requirements (see application for details. EX: An applicant living alone qualifies if he/she makes less than $46,620/year)
Projects are selected based on homeowner need, volunteer and sponsor resources, and the total number of applications received in a given year.
Applications are available for download online: