Good morning – may I offer you two reminders?
1. This week Recology is coordinating “Coats for Kids” asking for donations of coats for those in need.
2. Tomorrow is the 4th “Coffee with the Cops” event, where you can informally chat with Redwood City police officers.
Please read below for the information on these two items.
Recology San Mateo County Collecting Used Coats for Kids
Recology San Mateo County is collecting new and gently used coats to donate to those in need of a warm coat during the cold weather season. From Monday, November 5th through Friday, November 9th, bring your donation to City Hall 1017 Middlefield Road, or to Red Morton Community Center, 1120 Roosevelt Avenue, and drop it in the bin marked “Coats for Kids.”
Also, during this week Recology drivers will collect coats curbside from Redwood City residential homes on your normal collection day. Place coats in a clear plastic bag marked “Coats for Kids” and place the bag next to or on the top of your blue Recycle Cart.
All donated coats will be given to local non-profit agencies for distribution to those in need. Last year, Recology collected approximately 750 gently used coats that were donated to families in need through St. Anthony’s and Samaritan House.
For more information or a list of drop-off locations, please visit www.RecologySanMateoCounty.com.
- Thursday, November 8, 8 – 9:30 am, Starbucks, 995 Marsh Road (corner of Florence St., Marsh Manor Plaza)
A great opportunity to sit down for an informal chat with officers about law enforcement, neighborhood issues, crime prevention, traffic concerns, or other issues. For more info please see the news release. Here’s the list of upcoming Coffee with the Cops events:
Thursday, November 8th – 8 to 9:30 am, Starbucks, 995 Marsh Road (corner of Florence St., Marsh Manor Plaza)
- Wednesday, November 14th – 8 to 9:30 am , Bagel Street Café, 254 Redwood Shores Parkway (in Market Place Shopping Center, Redwood Shores)
- Saturday, November 17th – 12:30 to 2 pm, Peet’s Coffee, 2600 Broadway
- Tuesday, November 20th, 5:30 to 7 pm, Starbucks, 490 El Camino Real