Good afternoon –
There are lots of great things happening at the Redwood City Library throughout January – just take a look at http://www.redwoodcity.org/library In the meantime, here are a few highlights (note that one event takes place tomorrow!).
The events below all take place at the Downtown Library located at 1044 Middlefield Road.
- Community Health Talks – Presented by Kaiser Permanente Health Professionals
TOMORROW Thursday, January 17, 12:00 – 1:00 pm – Downtown Library Community Room
Kaiser Permanente and the Redwood City Public Library are proud to present another year of health talks for the community, including two presentations in Spanish at the Fair Oaks Library. Please note the new time. For questions, please contact the Health Education Department at Kaiser Permanente (650) 299-2433. Co-sponsored by Kaiser Permanente, Redwood City and Friends of the Redwood City Library.
- Small Business Law Tips for Entrepreneurs with Ryan P. Greco
Wednesday, January 23, 7:00 – Downtown Library Community Room
- Things to consider before deciding to incorporate
- What is the difference between an employee and an independent contractor?
- Things to consider before signing a commercial lease
- Liability protection
Ryan P. Greco, RPG Law works with small businesses and individuals. Visit his Web site at www.rpg-law.com
- Exploring Your Career Options in the New Year with Phase2Careers
Tuesday, January 29, 9 am – 12 pm
What new career options do you have in the New Year? A panel of career specialist will get you to think about your career goals in 2013.
About Phase2Careers: The mission of Phase2Careers is to assist the “Over 40” Worker in the Bay Area with finding new career opportunities through job search/career development workshops, networking/recruitment events and special career presentations. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
- Meditation Lose Your Stress – Find Your Bliss with Dr. Marshall Zaslov
Thursday, January 31, 7 pm – Downtown Library Community Room
Whether you are new to meditation or an experienced hand, you will very much enjoy this unique and timely workshop. Marshall Zaslov MD is a Board certified psychiatrist and best-selling medical author who has been meditating daily for 40 years.