February 22, 2013 • 4:11 pm
Fire/Police Depts Announce Towh Hall Meetings Schedule (and, “Coffee with the Cops” returns!)
Good morning, and happy Friday!
Many of you have asked whether our Police Department will be holding more Town Hall meetings or Coffee with the Cops events. I’m happy to share with you this news release that went out late yesterday, outlining the 2013 schedule for both of these great activities (and, the Town Hall meetings will include our Fire Department).
Please read below for all the information about these tools used by our public safety staff to maintain good communications with our community.
For Immediate Release
February 21, 2013
Redwood City Police and Fire Departments Announce Town Hall Meeting Schedule
“Coffee with the Cops” Schedule Also Announced
Redwood City, CA – In January of this year, the Redwood City Police and Fire Departments announced a collaboration to prevent violence and enhance safety at neighborhood schools. The comprehensive plan included synchronizing response procedures between the two departments in addition to training school staff regarding protocols for sheltering in place or responding to violent intruders on campus. The positive response to the initiative from those involved was overwhelming.
In an effort to expand the benefits of this groundbreaking initiative to the greater community, the Police and Fire Departments will be hosting a series of Town Hall-style community meetings. The theme of this year’s Town Hall meetings is: “Residents and Public Safety working in partnership to improve our neighborhoods.”
One meeting per quarter will be held during 2013, beginning in March, at varied locations throughout the city. The Town Hall meetings will be facilitated by members of the Police and Fire Departments. Residents will hear formal presentations about programs and services offered by each department and participate in a facilitated discussion to voice their concerns about public safety issues in their community.
In addition to the Town-Hall meetings, the Police Department will continue its popular “Coffee with the Cops” events. “Coffee with the Cops” is a program implemented by the Redwood City Police Department in an effort to enhance communication between community members and the police department. “Coffee with the Cops” is an informal event designed to allow citizens the opportunity to ask questions and learn about new programs and efforts the police department is currently focusing on in their neighborhood. During “Coffee with the Cops,” no formal presentation takes place, so citizens are welcome to drop in anytime during the event. Citizens will have the opportunity to meet the officers who are working in their neighborhoods. Officers will be answering questions, passing out crime prevention information, connecting citizens with City services, and helping citizens get connected to the Redwood City Police Department’s Social Media sites.
Public Safety Town Hall meetings:
- Fair Oaks Community Center, 2600 Middlefield Road Redwood City, CA 94063 March 19, 2013, 7:00-8:30 pm
- Peninsula Covenant Church, 3560 Farm Hill Blvd Redwood City, CA 94062 June 19, 2013, 7:00-8:30 pm
- St. Pius Church, 1100 Woodside Road Redwood City, CA 94061 September 11, 2013, 7:00-8:30 pm
- Redwood Shores Library, 399 Marine Parkway Redwood City, CA 94064 November 13, 2013, 7:00-8:30 pm
Coffee with the Cops events:
- Canyon Coffee Roastery, 3203 Oak Knoll Drive Redwood City, Ca. 94062 Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 7:30am to 9am
- Hoover Family Center, 701 Charter Street Redwood City, Ca. 94063 Friday, April 12, 2013, 8:30 am to 10 am
- Starbucks, Marsh Manor, 955 Marsh Road Redwood City, Ca. 94063 Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 5:30 pm to 7 pm
- Summit Coffee, Roosevelt Plaza, 2137 Roosevelt Redwood City, Ca. 94062 Wednesday, May 15th, 2013, 8am to 9:30 am
- Franklin Street Café, Sequoia Station, 1053 El Camino Real Redwood City, Ca. 94063 Sunday, June 9th, 2013, 2pm to 3:30 pm
- Starbucks, 820 Woodside Road Redwood City, Ca. 94062 Sunday, July 21st, 3pm to 4:30 pm
- Peet’s Coffee, 2600 Broadway Redwood City, Ca. 94063 Tuesday, August 6th, 2013, 8am to 9:30 am
- Starbucks, Redwood Shores, 264 Redwood Shores Parkway Redwood City, Ca. 94063 Saturday, August 24th, 2013 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
Visit Redwood City’s website at www.redwoodcity.org for information about the City and its services. Subscribe to Redwood City’s email newsletter and other City documents by visiting www.redwoodcity.org/newsletters.
Filed under: Uncategorized