Good morning –
Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center will present a thought-provoking panel discussion exploring how “The Outcome is in Your Hands” when it comes to managing conflicts, on June 13 at Franklin Templeton Investments in San Mateo. This is the second of four community briefing panel discussions that highlight the expanded strategy of PCRC, who for 25 years has helped neighbors, businesses, and governments work out decisions that benefit all parties.
June 13, 2013
4:00 PM Registration & Networking
4:30 PM – 6:30 PM Program
Franklin Templeton Investments
1 Franklin Parkway, San Mateo
Panelists for the June 13 briefing are:
- Anne Bers, Director of Mediation/Facilitation Services for PCRC and expert in the field of Community Mediation and Facilitation and the diverse ways they can be applied.
- David Cherniss, a long-time partner and Managing Attorney for Juvenile Mediation Programs & Probate Court Investigations for San Mateo County Superior Court and leader in Mediation in the Juvenile Justice System and beyond.
- JR Gamez, Chief of the award-winning Redwood City Police Department, who will highlight the number of ways local law enforcement and cities benefit from Mediation and Facilitation.
- Janet Martinez, Director of the Gould Negotiation & Mediation Program at Stanford Law School, is an international and domestic expert in conflict resolution system design, bringing delegates from around the world to PCRC.
This is the second of four community briefings. The final two briefings will be:
The mission of the Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center is to foster collaborative engagement by bringing people together, facilitating conversation, and building these skills in our community. PCRC’s community-building work and all current programs are wrapped into three overarching initiatives: Engaging Communities, Empowering Youth and Strengthening Families. These initiatives are supported by the organization’s core services in mediation, facilitation and training.
- The Engaging Communities Initiative brings together the ideas and voices of all people in our communities and creates opportunities for each of us to have a say in the decisions that affect our lives.
- The Strengthening Families Initiative assists parents in utilizing community services, maintaining family relationships, supporting their children’s education and building their leadership skills.
- The Empowering Youth Initiative creates opportunities for young people to be ready to live, learn and contribute to their communities.